A few months ago, I visited the San Francisco urban nursery, Flora Grubb and purchased this form in hopes of creating a succulent "A" for the wall in our new atrium.
Yea, that was more than a few months ago actually.
In hindsight, I really should have planted the succulents then, as it takes several months for them to root in order to hang on a wall.
So, I'm a little late!
Let's get started...
The medium that holds the succulents is kind of a fiber that at first needs to be soaked.
With tweezers, I made holes and inserted the succulents after their roots were trimmed.
Here is the work in progress.
I tried to vary the succulents to keep the arrangement interesting.
My succulent "A!"
It's not quite as nice as this one which was professionally planted by the Flora Grubb crew, but I can fill in with small succulents later.
Hopefully, by the time we move in to the new house, the "A" will be ready to hang!